Time for an #introduction: I'm Punk, and I like the Star Treks and the Stargates. I write fic. And I'm currently cleaning out my AO3 bookmarks and posting (maybe) a rec a day in all sorts of fandoms.
Hey #artists! If you didn't know, Corel is giving life time access to a ton of their programs and brushes, including Paint Shop Pro, for $25 in this month's Humble Bundle!!! There's only 14 hours left so hurry and get it!
I'd like to take a moment of your timeline to ask folks to use CamelCase in your tags. I didn't know until I came to masto that this helps people who use screen readers parse them as words rather than jumbles of characters. When there are multiple words mashed together in a tag, try capitalising each one, for instance #CommissionMe #CallForArt #LookingForArtist
I forgot how to use hashtags so I made a list of cool ones to remind me what to do:
plz boost & add your own useful hashtags if you want!
also I have no idea what to tag this, fml
some facts about putting pronouns in profiles (247 words)
- Some people put pronouns in their profiles.
- Some people get misgendered a lot when they don't put pronouns in their profile, and put pronouns in their profile so they get misgendered less.
- Some of those aforementioned people are trans people.
- Bigots like to pick out things that the subjects of their bigotry do as "weird" to justify their harassment and abuse.
- When cis members of a community put pronouns in their profiles, harassment for listing pronouns becomes less. Anti-trans bigots are more hesitant to do it because doing so feels less socially acceptable; pro-trans people are emboldened to speak out against any such harassment that does occur. Further, trans people feel safer putting pronouns in their profiles.
- Not every cis person is comfortable or safe putting pronouns in their profile. (Not every 'cis' person is cis.) For that matter, not every /trans/ person is comfortable or safe putting pronouns in their profile. For some people, it's a no-brainer to include them or not; for other people, it's a hard choice, and they're the only ones who can make that choice.
- We talk about putting pronouns in profiles because we want people who've never thought about it to realize that it's possible. We can't make a choice for them, but they can't make the choice if they don't know there's one to be made, or what they're choosing between ... so we talk about it.
I haven’t posted on Dreamwidth for like two months BUT I’m working on getting something up for the next few days. I have a massive backlog of links to share & I’m so excited about them! I found some cool stuff!!
Here’s one: this cute new art & #crafts channel with like early 2000s pastel goth monster aesthetics (as far as I can tell). Wanna make an Oogie Boogie cuddle plush? Of course you do!