Inspired by the Great Tumblr Exodus of 2018, fandom.ink is a small instance designed for fans, fandom, and fandom content creators.
fandom.ink is intended to be a fun, pleasant, and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
is a free service, keeping it online costs real world cashmoney. If you have some extra to spare and you'd like to throw it our way to help out, we have a Patreon
for just that purpose!
Code of conduct
Terms of service
All members of fandom.ink agree that they:
- will abide by the terms of service and code of conduct, and
- are prepared and able to use tools provided by the platform to appropriately curate their own experience, within the constraints described below.
fandom.ink is a moderated instance. The following behaviours are never tolerated:
- the aggressive or contemptuous use of derogatory language, offensive comments, or the use of slurs related to the gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or fandom or fannish expression (e.g. "shipwars") of individuals
- deliberate misgendering or use of "dead" or rejected names
- threats of violence
- incitement of violence towards any individual or group, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- deliberate intimidation
- sustained disruption of discussion, including the excessive posting of low-value or unrelated content to public timelines (e.g. spam, "shitposting", etc.)
- religious proselytization
- unwelcome sexual attention, including simulated physical contact
- continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- publication of an individual's personally identifying information without their consent ("doxxing"), even in situations where that information may be "public" in other forums
- the linking of an individual's personas, online handles, screen names, or identities, where those links are not well-known, or where the individual has requested they not be linked
- posting intentionally graphic, shocking, or triggering content without platform-appropriate markings (e.g. CWs, etc.)
- reposting art without creator permission and attribution (boosting from the original account is encouraged!)
- uncut spoilers in public timelines (i.e. spoilers posted without appropriate CWs, etc.)
- commercial accounts or accounts that exist primarily to promote commercial businesses.
Adult and erotic content
Adult/erotic content is permitted, under the following caveats:
- User avatars and profile banner images must be all-ages appropriate.
- All adult content must be clearly marked, using platform-appropriate tools (e.g. CWs, marking images as "sensitive", etc.), including when posted to private or limited-distribution timelines.
- Erotic content (e.g. nudity, "sensual" images) is permitted in public timelines, so long as it is clearly marked using platform-appropriate tools.
- Pornographic content (e.g. depictions of actual sex acts) is not permitted in public timelines.
- However, linking to erotic or pornographic content (e.g. fic recs, a public buffer/announcement post followed by a thread of unlisted explicit posts, etc.) is permitted in public timelines, with appropriate markings/warnings.
In general, fandom.ink aims to be a sex-positive experience, with a strong opt-in culture for adult content. Note also that adult content on fandom.ink is expected to exist within a primarily fannish context. That is, fanart, fanfic, and so on. Erotica and pornography unrelated to fandom creative works may find a better home on another instance.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, see content you believe violates the code of conduct or terms of service, or have any other concerns, please make use of the platform's in-built flagging and reporting tools, or contact an admin at email@example.com. Cases will be responded to as promptly as possible.
fandom.ink respects confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any behaviour deemed inappropriate by a moderator are expected to comply immediately. Individuals continuing to engage in inappropriate behaviours may be shadowbanned or expelled from fandom.ink. All decisions by the administrator on this issue are final.
Credits and licence
This code of conduct is based on Annalee Flower Horne's Sample Slack Code of Conduct, which is in turn based on Geek Feminism's Community Anti-Harassment Policy. It has been adapted for use by fandom.ink under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License.
Last updated 2019-02-05, slight clarification on the wording prohibiting the use of slurs.